There was an old man who had four children. His sons always used to quarrel on petty things. One day, he decided to teach them a lesson.
He gave them sticks to break and all of them broke it easily. Again, he allotted a bunch of sticks to each of them. This time no one could break it.
Then, he told his sons, ”No one could divide them if they work together.”
This is a very old story that we heard multiple times in our childhoods, but it has a very important message relevant to our workplaces. A united team has special powers to achieve its goal. This special power comes to life when team members and managers channelize their skills and efforts towards a common goal. But, without any planning or strategy it becomes difficult to achieve goals.
Below are some important points to note for better team management:
1. Communication – According to the statistics, 57% of employees report not being given clear directions. To attain company’s goals, effective communication is the heart of the team management.
Thanks to the technology that foster better communication skills. You can virtually connect with your team members on Slack, Microsoft Team’s, Google hangout, Zoom and many more. Every team member should know whom to report, what to do and what is expected. No team member should feel left out in the company projects. Nowadays, communication skills are more important than managerial skills. Ideas, opinions and thoughts of team members should be welcomed and appreciated in the organizations to drive results.
Note: Using Runtime Workman, keep your team members updated about latest business announcements, policies and changes. Learn more on how Runtime Workman can help in establishing better communication within teams.
2. Training – We have often heard people saying he/she is a perfectionist. It’s a cliche calling someone Mr or Miss Perfect. There is no such word in the human dictionary. Every individual has his strength and weakness. In short, our decisions work on SWOT analysis.
Training is the backbone of the team management. A manger should identify, examine and understand the strength of team members. Before choosing any method, he should know what is best for them and then act accordingly. Various kind of trainings are given to the employees according to their job type. Training keeps them focussed, disciplined and ensures creativity in the workplace.
3. Reward – Employee Recognition and Retention are closely intertwined in long term success. Everyone wants to get appreciated for work. It takes less than a minute to praise them for their dedication, hard work in the team. A big round of applause during working hours, perks and performance appraisal can do wonders.
If a team member leaves no stone unturned, it becomes the duty of the manager to motivate.
63% of employees who are recognized are very unlikely to look for a new job. The reward is something given in recognition of effort or achievement.
4. Flexibility – A flexible workplace ensures steady progress of the organisation. It will become difficult for an employee to work in a rigid environment. Every team member or employee should work on quality and quantity. The team should cooperate and work together for the same cause. Flexibility shows commitment, strength and team spirit of an organisation. Team should adopt ’We’ attitude instead of ’I’.
You might be wondering what benefits employee reap from working in flexible environment:-
Not going in details, below are some benefits:
- Work-life balance
- Greater satisfaction
- Increased employee efficiency
- Mutual trust between employers and employees
5. Delegating authorities – Each team member should be assigned duties in the projects according to their strength. The manager shouldn’t think it like a barrier in company’s productivity. He should have good trust on team members while delegating the tasks and they should be given the freedom to work in their own style.
6. Feedback – Team members might feel distracted and confused if not rewarded for their work. Manager should keep conversation with the employees intact and secret. The flaws, weakness of the team member should not be disclosed openly. The positive attitude, behavior of the employees should get recognition. The manager should ensure constructive feedback for their team members.
Let us follow these practices and help team members to bring the best out of them and create the best teams possible!
To know how Runtime HRMS can help you achieve the above-mentioned goals, contact us today.