This articles explains how to configure e-mail settings in Runtime Payroll. By configuring e-mail, you can send pay-slips to your employees by e-mail.
To open e-mail settings, go to Setup > Company Settings > E-Mail Settings
Sample settings for configuring a Gmail account.
- Display Name: Company Name e.g. Runtime Software Private Limited
- E-mail Address: Gmail address e.g. email@example.com
- Username: Gmail address e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Gmail login password
- SMTP Address: smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP Port: 587
- Use SSL: Yes (Check the box)
- Click 'Save'
You need to make one more change to be able to use Gmail for sending mails:
1. Open your Google account settings by visiting https://myaccount.google.com
2. Sign in (if required)
3. Click 'Security' link on the left navigation menu
4. Scroll to the very bottom of the page to find a section that says 'Less secure apps access'. If this setting is turned 'Off', you need to turn this to 'On'
The first time you try to send e-mail from Runtime Payroll using your Gmail account, you may receive an e-mail alert from Google saying that 'Sign-in attempt was blocked'. If this happens, click on 'Check Activity' link in the e-mail or visit https://google.com/blocked
and allow the recently blocked activity by confirming that it was you who tried to send the e-mail.
After taking above steps, there should be no issues in sending e-mails using Gmail.
Remember, if you have hundreds of employees and send hundreds of e-mails using Gmail, Google may block your e-mail sending privileges for some time. It's always good to have a professional e-mail service.